3D ICAT Imaging
Using the most advanced orthodontic technology is just as important as staying up to date on the latest treatment techniques. Because our practice is dedicated to providing you with the safest and most convenient treatment options available, we utilize advanced Digital CT Imaging x-ray technology our office.
Digital CT Imaging systems empower Dr. Collins to provide quick, comfortable, and effective imaging for the most precise orthodontic health diagnosis possible. Digital technology provides 3D data for:
- Dental implants
- Wisdom teeth extractions
- TMJ treatment
- Airway assessments and sleep apnea
- Full facial and jaw 3D images
- You can take advantage of a more complete orthodontic treatment with digital CT imaging. Special features for patients include:
- One 5-second scan that provides enough data for a complete diagnosis
- A safer diagnosis with less radiation than traditional CT scanners
- Increased comfort: patients are seated in an open environment with plenty of space
- A more cost-effective imaging system
- We can easily share the data with our patients, so they stay informed and are able to make educated decisions on their course of treatment
Dr. Collins is pleased to offer digital CT imaging for patients who receive orthodontic treatment. Digital X-rays save time, provide clearer dental photos, and expose patients to less radiation than traditional X-ray technology. Come and see for yourself what it’s like to receive a more advanced, patient-friendly orthodontic experience
ITERO SCANNER AND DIGITAL IMPRESSIONS
The ITERO scanner creates a digital impression of your teeth. No more goop, gagging, or discomfort. Using the latest in digital technology, we can take a highly accurate digital impression of your teeth. The new technology ensures a more accurate impression from the start, which results in improved treatment and a more comfortable patient experience.
Digital impressions give you the ability to see your teeth instantly in 3D, and that improves communication during the consultation and treatment process.
Our digital impression scanner captures the structure of the teeth and gums using the latest optical technology. The scanner is a compact, hand-held wand. Once we begin the scanning process, it can be stopped and started as many times as necessary.
Your mouth is scanned with a radiation-free laser which renders a digitally perfect, 3D impression of your teeth and soft tissue structures. Through digital software, you’ll be able to follow the progress of the scans, including a three-dimensional model of your teeth on our computer screen.
Digital impressions can be used for any orthodontic treatment, including Invisalign®